Today, Minister Ambrose and Minister Paradis encouraged Canadians to take advantage of the Home Renovation Tax Credit.
- In the face of the deepest worldwide recession since the Second World War, our Conservative government introduced the Economic Action Plan, including one of the most comprehensive stimulus packages in the industrialized world.
- As a key component of Canada’s Economic Action Plan, the Home Renovation Tax Credit (HRTC) provides powerful incentives for Canadians to invest in their homes while realizing significant tax saving, helping to create jobs in the construction and home-building industry.
- Millions of families throughout Canada have already taken advantage of the credit, supporting job creation in the housing industry.
- Canadians undertaking eligible renovations to their homes before February 1, 2010 will receive up to $1,350 in tax relief from the temporary HRTC.
- As we enter into Phase II of Canada’s Economic Action Plan, our Conservative government’s priority will be to continue the rapid and effective implementation of the remaining stimulus projects across the country, introduce plans to restore balanced budgets once the economy is fully recovered and continue to build a strong foundation for our economic future.